MENU

California Dreamin’

Throughout my whole life I’ve always gone to my nearest, overcrowded beaches since they were the most convenient and only took 5 minutes to get to. A week ago I was feeling adventurous and decided to embark on another expedition to find a fun, creative beach that I can come to when I feel like getting away. Don’t get me wrong, the beaches of the South Bay are beautiful, but it’s always good to explore new places and get out of the bubble. I took a drive down Pacific Coast Highway, and cruised all the way to Malibu. There I found a whole new type of hangout where I could escape my troubles.

Cruising

Cruising

As I entered Malibu, I stopped by some of the town’s most iconic landmarks and took some time to appreciate how calm and quiet it’s pier was. The pier included old, unique pillars and, white picket railings. What I liked the most about the pier was that is was simple yet had so much history since it has been around for ages. (1905 to be exact!)

Malibu Pier

Malibu Pier

The pier itself had its own restaurant at the end so I had to try it! The restaurant was called Malibu Farm and was one of the most unique places I have ever been to. Although it had taken about half an hour to get my food and it was pricy, my view was priceless. I shared a burger with my friend and the restaurant’s organic lemonade really hit the spot. It was a great way to cool down from the warm weather along with the ocean breeze from being on the pier.

Delicious lunch on the Malibu Pier

Delicious lunch on the Malibu Pier

After getting some historical sight seeing done I took about a half a mile walk North to get away from the tourists and see what else Malibu had to offer. I was pretty content from the small waves brushing against my feet the whole walk there and the calming, salt water, ocean smell was just what I needed.

Malibu Lagoons

Malibu Lagoons

Parallel to the beach laid multiple, large lagoons containing bodies of water coming in from the bay. I thought this was incredibly different from any other beach since you don’t usually see a whole other miniature lake next to the ocean. This became the highlight of my trip after I came to this location as the sun was starting to set and reflected onto the lagoons. The lagoons glistened from the sun’s reflection and the palm trees near by swayed in the wind. I like to call this beach one of my favorite “happy places” since it has its own unique features. Sometimes in life you have to let your curiosity guide you and as long as you take the path your curiosity follows, you just might discover the most underestimated, yet magnificent things nature has to offer.