MENU

Top 5 October Events in LA

October is here! And it’s a month filled with pumpkins, costumes, candy and more. Leaves might not be falling in Los Angeles’ eighty degree autumn, but that doesn’t mean this city isn’t embracing the spirit of fall. Check out these five October events that you don’t want to miss.

1.  Dia de los Muertos

Hollywood Forever Cemetery is known for hosting outdoor movie screenings on its lawn; but on Saturday, October 29th the cemetery will come to life in celebration of Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead. From 12 p.m. to 12 a.m., you can experience the event’s art exhibit, over one hundred Aztec dancers, and hundreds of alters made by members of the community. All ages are welcome!

Image result for hollywood forever dia de los muertos

2.  Fall Festival Los Ascreen-shot-2016-09-29-at-9-43-24-amngeles 

If there is one fall festival in LA that stands out… it’s this one. On the weekend of October 15th, head to 6333 W. 3rd Street for music, food, and a costume contest. Put on your best Halloween attire and gear up for yet another year of the city’s most famous autumn celebration. Best of all, it’s free! Click here for more information on the festival.

top-5-fall-festival

3. Strut Your Mutt

This event may not be spooky or fall themed, but it’s still a day that you and your furry friend don’t want to miss. On October 22nd, meet with hundreds of other dog-lovers to take a stroll through Exposition Park.  Residents from all over Los Angeles bring their four-legged friends and walk for a good cause, raising money to help save the lives of mistreated animals.

6047_symfacebookgraphics-1200x628_ad_jh

4. Front Porch Cinema at the Santa Monica Pier

Every Friday this Fall, join your neighbors for a movie night on the Santa Monica Pier. Front Porch Cinema started all the way back in 1909, and it is still popular today. The best part of the whole thing is that it’s FREE! Just set up a lawn chair, sit back, and relax, while you enjoy a film under the stars.

Image result for front porch cinema santa monica

5. Knott’s Scary Farm

This event is “knott” for the faint of heart. If you are ready for your horror movie nightmares to come to life, Knott’s Scary Farm calling your name. Each October, your favorite theme park gets a spooky makeover.  Bring your ticket, and all of the courage that you have! Once you are inside the park, you can go on some of the scariest roller coasters in Southern California or brave one of the park’s mazes, which are similar to haunted houses. You and your friends can make your way around Knott’s Berry Farm the, all while actors in scary outfits chase you, startle you, and scare you. If you like suspense, this is certainly the place for you. The event lasts from September 22nd to October 31st.

top-5-knotts